Life 360 Counselling online - eTherapy…
eTherapy (online counselling ) is proven as effective as counselling in person…
Who has access toeTherapy at Life 360 counselling?
Currently, due to safety concerns, only clients who have had at least one in-person assessment are eligible for eTherapy. To book an assessment, visit our contact page.
eTherapy (online counselling)…
Technology has become an essential part of all of our lives and while using the internet to provide therapy may seem somewhat unconventional, online eTherapy is an effective, confidential and convenient alternative to in-person sessions.
eTherapy is suitable in a variety of counselling areas. My areas of specialty are relationship/couples therapy, stress, and anxiety issues, which are effectively treated online. However, eTherapy will not be used to treat personality disorders, clinical depression, suicidal thoughts or other serious disorders that demand in-person sessions to be effectively addressed.
If you are interested eTherapy, you must attend at least one in-person assessment session. I offer a free 15-minute setup session where we can meet one another and test out your connection. eTherapy sessions will be confirmed via email or phone call. Once payment and informed consent are received, you will be contacted via Google Hangouts, Skype, FaceTime etc. at the scheduled time.
eTherapy at Life 360 Counselling is conducted via Google Hangouts, Apple FaceTime, Skype or other secure teleconferencing software through our encrypted VPN server.
Google Hangouts, FaceTime and Skype are convenient and secure (encrypted) means of conducting online meetings. They are free, high quality video conferencing programs that allow us to see and hear each other using your computer and webcam (and headset if you choose), iPad / iPhone or Android tablet / phone.
Google Hangouts is accessed directly via their online link and available to anyone with a Google or Gmail account. Google and Gmail accounts are free and easy to setup on your computer and Google Hangouts is easily installed as an app.
Skype is also easy to download on the internet or install as an app. It’s free of adware, malware, spyware etc and, most importantly, is confidential. You can use Skype on your desktop computer, mobile phone or tablet/iPad.
Please ensure you are:
- online and available at least five minutes prior to session start
- alone (unless for a couples therapy)
- in a quiet room with the door closed
For best picture and audio quality, ensure you use a hardwired connection (via LAN cable) rather than a wireless connection.
1. eTherapy sessions are encrypted and connected through an encrypted VPN server to ensure privacy and confidentiality. You can read more about how Google Hangouts and Skype protects your privacy on the Google Hangout website and the Skype website.
2. For more information on Google Hangouts, follow this link.
3. You DO NOT have permission or consent to record your online session(s) and unless advised otherwise, your eTherapy sessions WILL NOT be recorded by Life 360 Counselling…