1. I am satisfied with the degree of closeness, openness, confiding and sharing in our relationship.
2. I am satisfied with the expression of affection and caring in our relationship.
3. I am satisfied with the level of sexual intimacy in our relationship.
4. I am satisfied with how we handle conflicts and arguments in our relationship.
5. I am satisfied with how we handle anger, criticism or blame.
6. We agree on and I am satisfied with how we handle our finances.
7. We agree on and I am satisfied with how we handle parenting.
8. We agree on and I am satisfied with how we handle household tasks.
9. I am satisfied that we have sufficient common interests and a good social life.
10. My partner has a high degree of respect and admiration for me.
11. I have a high degree of respect and admiration for my partner.
12. I am satisfied with my role in our relationship.
13. I am satisfied with my partner's role in our relationship.
14. With few exceptions, we openly talk through all of our issues.
15. With few exceptions, I can honestly say, "My partner gets me."
16. I feel emotionally supported by my partner - when I feel sad, hurt or upset my partner is there for me.
17. We don't always get it right, but in short order ( 0 - 3 days) we apologize and work through our issues.
18. We are very much a 'team' and team work is ever-present in our relationship.
20. While there are some minor changes I would make, overall I am very satisfied with the quality of our relationship.
Based on the number of times you selected I 'Agree':
(20) - Time to write a book on how you do what you do!
(16 - 19) - You are super in tune with each other! Couples counselling could help fine tune any issues before they become a problem. Keep up the good work!
(11 - 15) - You have a good foundation, but couples counselling would help propel you from good to great!
(6 - 10) - You have areas where you struggle. Couples counselling would help get you on track and head off potential serious issues.
(1 - 5) - There are definite areas where couples counselling could bring a positive change to your relationship.
While there is no total number of answers that guarantees your relationship is completely healthy and will succeed, the answers you have given are a reflection of how you feel things are going and, perhaps, some of the changes you'd like to make.
It's a tragic fact that more than half of marriages end in divorce. Just look around; chances are you know several marriages you thought would work and didn't. Studies indicate that while there are many factors in successful marriages two important indicators stand out - 1. Couples who succeed foster a long and abiding friendship. 2. Couples who succeed still argue, but they apologize (repair) and work on their issues.
If you would like to make changes in your relationship, if you would like to foster a long and abiding friendship, if you would like to learn how to repair and work things through, we can help.
We can help you change the trajectory of your marriage, relationship and life. We can help you avoid the tragedy of divorce and the heartbreak that goes with it. Marriage counselling is a strategic investment in what matters most.
To find out more, visit our couples counselling page.